My Blog List

Monday, September 12, 2016

Summer Solstice Complete!



I've been quilting along with Melissa Corry of www.happyquiltingmelissa.blogspot.com 
making her Summer Solstice quilt.  I did the 2x2 pattern which is four 32" blocks. I used up some batik chunks from my stash paired with a tone on tone black.  It's 84" square! A big nice size to cuddle under!


I just really love how it came out, its a great size and the Batiks really pop against the black!


Melissa always has great Quilt-a-longs with easy
clear instructions, you should really check out her blog!  I'm already planning on making another one of these and maybe a repeat of another beauty from her previous QAL's. 



Thanks for stopping by, I'm going to link up my quilt top now to see if I can win in the Grand prize linky!
Wish me luck!!

   





13 comments:

  1. I love your quilt. It looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks just stunning!!! I love how the batiks pop on the black, so pretty!!! You have made a beautiful quilt top. And thank you so much for your sweet comments on my Quilt Along. I am so glad you enjoyed it and that you quilted along with me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks awesome with gray background. Love it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bright fabrics are perfect with the amount of background. The fabrics really shine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! I do love the black background. It is amazing against all those pretty fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's beautiful, Julianne - I love a big-block quilt!! And just in time for the summer solstice, too.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously, no blog post updates since 9/12/16! You're killin' me, girl! I know you've been super busy. :)

    ReplyDelete