My Blog List

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Easy Street!!

All I can manage to say after completing this quilt top is "Oh my god, Oh my god, Oh my god!!"....I sewed and sewed, then sewed some more, I pushed myself so hard because I wanted it done done done!!  It got to the point where I told my husband that I didnt really think I even liked it...so I was really pushing myself to finish.  Here it is...
Its huge, it Ginormous, its fantastic, its a monster, its stupendous!  I cant believe that I MADE IT!  I am blown away, flabbergasted, amazed...completely amazed at how this all came out...its FANTASTIC! 

So heres my question....why do the quilts that are the biggest pain in the butt to make become our favorites when it is all said and sewned?? Huh? Huh? Huh?

16 comments:

  1. It's beautiful, Julianne. And after all that work, is it really surprising that it would be one of your favorites? What an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is a "rule" that we have to suffer for love!! lol x enjoy it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! And they probably become our favorites BECAUSE of all the work - and love - that goes into them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful Julianne..congrats on finally finishing...enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG that is absolutely wonderful!! I'm so proud of you. They become our favorites because we know all the doubt and work and effort and just plain stick to it that went into them. Great job Julianne.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Because if it was easy we wouldn't care so much. It's when we work the hardest we appreciate it the most. It's just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on finishing it. It looks awesome. I was going to do it, but easy street didn't look too easy. I'm impressed. Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG that is beautiful. I still have last year's Mystery to finish. What' not to like about it. Bonnie's patterns are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG that is beautiful. I still have last year's Mystery to finish. What' not to like about it. Bonnie's patterns are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did a great job on your Easy Street quilt. I love your grandbaby and you kitties.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! I agree with others.....so much work....it becomes a favorite. I won't give my Orca Bay to anyone!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job. I skipped Easy Street this year but I've done several of her mysteries and think I'm insane each time but I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL! I don't know the answer to that one...but you DID it and got her done!

    ReplyDelete