My Blog List

Saturday, September 5, 2015

Itty Bitty Blocks


Now anybody that reads my blog knows that I am just 
a little bit whacked in the head when it comes to 
scrappy piecing! 

This is my second batch of 15 Itty Bitty Blocks for August
with Quilty Pleasures Blogs pattern each month.  
I made 15 already but did them in a complete rainbow, totally fun but not in the actual style that I should (wink!)
have done them. 

OOPS!!  
CALL THE QUILT POLICE!!

Really? IS there a wrong way to do it? Idk!

So here are my half light/half colored Itty Bitty Log Cabins...


Here are a couple of my favorites...
Buttons!!
Polka Dots!!



A Geisha!!  
Ever read that book "Memoirs of a Geisha"??
Awesome Book!

More Polka Dots!


So theres two rows for August instead of just one.  
Bring on Septembers block!

11 comments:

  1. So glad you are keeping up with this QA. LOVE your bitty blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun collection of fabrics you have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun blocks! I did read Memoirs of a Geisha. It was a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking great! How big is each log cabin block?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The only time I follow the rules is when I am working on a single project with a group of people.Otherwise rules are like a recipe, meant to be modified. claire aka knitnkwilt

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to admit I most love the kind of piecing that doesn't involve any rules, so you will not hear from the quilt police on my end. Love your little log cabins! What suze di they finish at?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you enjoyed making these log cabins, they look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of scrappy fun! I love it when little fabric faces peak out from the patchwork.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your little logcabin blocks, I have been doing one myself (196 blocks so far) and just love picking up the right fabrics from my scraps...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very colorful and fun Log Cabins but you might need a boatload of them if they are small, LOL! No problem for you 'cause they're such fun to make!

    ReplyDelete