My Blog List

Monday, March 9, 2015

Celtic Solstice #2 is a flimsy!


Whew!  

Celtic Solstice #2 is a flimsy!  Yippee!

All of you who have been following along with me or have made a
Celtic Solstice by Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville
know that her patterns are addictive, scrappy and a bit 
time consuming....

But OH SO WORTH IT!!

My blue & brown version is a flimsy and ready for quilting!


Its gorgeous, it turned out just as I imagined...and I love it!


I set the border triangles a little differently this time but I think
they look ok...I sure as heck am not ripping them out!!


To top it off, I pieced a bunch of older calico pieces together
for the backing...using it up!!

I have already sent this one off to my best
Quilty BFF Kathy in Ohio for some of her
bomb longarm quilting...she has a pattern called 
Lords Egyptian Eye that is going to look 
AMAZING!!

You can find Kathys blog here:
new2quilting.blogspot.com

I cant wait to see it finished! Yay!

Another Bonnie quilt for ME!


8 comments:

  1. It looks great - hope you share it again when it is quilted! Bonnie is an inspiration! Thanks for linking up with us at #scraptastictuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope to get that one on the longarm soon. It's starting to warm up for us here in Ohio and I'll be able to do it! Looks even more gorgeous in person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your border finish on your Celtic Solstice. Mine is still a flimsy, but I hope to get it quilted soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! My Celtic Solstice is waiting to be quilted. Yours will probably be done before mine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way those blocks came together! Your colors are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete