My Blog List

Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Happy Dance! A Finish!



Bonnie Hunter!  One of my favs!  
She got me started on this quilt last year when I was lucky enough to see her in Auburn, CA.  She noticed my pile of 1.5" squares that I was using as leader/enders in her workshop and mentioned that they would be great for an Idaho Squaredance quilt!  

So, here I am, almost a year later with a finish!!
Idaho Squaredance!


A few of my favorite blocks....


Candy & coffee!!!


Theres some Y2K fabric in the lower right corner, 
only 16 years old!!


Sashed the blocks with this light green/white pindot and I longarmed it with my free hand loopy loops.  Backed it with a light green floral flannel.  Nice and cozy!  Binding was some funky teal calico old fabric that I found in a bin...used a chunk of it up. More scraps busted!



and of course the label!


Thanks for stopping by today....hope you are
 having a lovely spring!


3 comments:

  1. I've had my eye on that pattern and your work has made me think I need to move it closer to the top of the list. What a great piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is beautiful. I love scrappy quilts!!

    ReplyDelete